Switching Mortgage Protection
Customers of AIB, Bank of Ireland, EBS, KBC, PTSB and Ulster Bank, do not have to take out the mortgage protection or life insurance their lender offers and are free to shop around for a cheaper policy
How to switch:
1. Find out your current loan balance and remaining term (rounder up to nearest year)
2. Get a quote for Mortgage Protection on LABrokers.ie
3. Complete an application form for a new policy.
4. Once you receive your new policy you have 30 days to ensure you are happy with the cover offered.
5. Hand the new policy to your lender and let them know you’d like to ‘assign’ this new policy against your loan and request them to release their interest in the ‘old’ policy. You are then free to cancel the old policy should you decide to.
Please do not consider cancelling an existing policy until you have your new policy in place and are happy with it.